Monday, February 16, 2009

Light Bulb

Of a weekend I might visit a friend. A particular friend that likes tea and biscuits. When I am with this friend I enjoy tea and biscuits and lovely conversation. The mere mention of anything automotive in the presence of this friend launches us both into a frenzy of car talk. This phenomenon is a source of unending vexation for his wife and has been relegated to the front yard. So, to bring my blog back into the house allow me to say that I do have other interests. One of them being the art of living. The myriad possibilities of human life are indeed fascinating. From the Large Hadron Collider to the Secretary of State's choice of dress when visiting a drunken Japan. I do think this time in human history is exciting. There are many frightening things in the world, and many more exciting things that people are doing. I only wish I knew at this point where I was going and what I will be doing after leaving the nest of studenthood. I have found that the only truly rewarding human endeavors are the ones that involve helping another human being to have a better life. This is where I want to be going, be it making a better product, being involved in socially responsible decision making, or providing a better service. The relationships between business and government, government and other governments, accountability and honesty, as the world gets smaller these are relationships that get me going. Anyway, this is what happens when I should be sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment